The laying of the foundation stone of the episcopalian chapel at the new Reading Cemetery, 26 October 1842, part of the Reading Masonic Festival. The Pronvincial Grand Master, John Ramsbottom, M.P., appears to be spreading mortrar on "the first stone, " with the upper stone suspended above it from a block and tackle. 1840-1849 : engraving from "The Illustrated London News, " 5 November 1842, with the caption: "Laying the foundation stone."
UUUU
Books
Find it!
Collation:
black and white print; 15 x 13 cm.
Language:
English
Subject:
BRN:
2731174
