The east end of Friar Street, Reading, looking eastwards, c. 1955. On the south side are No. 172 (the Woolwich Building Society), and next to it a gap in the buildings, where Marks and Spencer later built their Friar Street entrance. On the north side are No. 11 (The Phoenix Assurance Company, with decorative clock); Wiston Terrace; the post office; Nos. 5 and 6 (Henekey's public house); No. 4 (W. Chapman, tobacconist); No. 3 (R. E. Leyman, confectioner); and No. 2 (Wickham and Son, jewellers). 1950-1959 : photograph by F. Frith and Company, numbered RDNG76
UUUU
Books
Find it!
Collation:
black and white photograph ; 12 x 19 cm.
Language:
English
Subject:
Friar Street -- Reading -- IllustrationsBuilding societies -- Reading -- IllustrationsPost offices -- Reading -- IllustrationsPubs and inns -- Reading -- IllustrationsTobacconists -- Reading -- IllustrationsConfectioners -- Reading -- IllustrationsJewellers -- Reading -- IllustrationsSU715735SU716735Street scenes and landscapes -- Reading -- Illustrations
BRN:
2730747
