The corner of the Market Place and Friar Street, Reading, c. 1955. To the left are Nos. 25 and 26 Market Place (Norman Gaze and Partners, insurance brokers), and No. 23 Market Place (Martin and Pole, estate agents). To the right is St. Laurence's Church, with the drinking fountain with its finial intact. In the distance, on the north side of Friar Street, are the post office; Nos. 5 and 6 (Henekey's public house), No. 4 (W. Chapman, tobacconist); No, 3 (R. E. Leyman, confectioner); and Nos. 2 (Wickham and Son, jewellers). 1950-1959 : photograph by F. Frith and Company, numbered RDNG75
UUUU
Books
Find it!
Collation:
black and white photograph ; 12 x 19 cm.
Language:
English
Subject:
Friar Street -- Reading -- IllustrationsMarket Place -- Reading -- IllustrationsInsurance offices -- Reading -- IllustrationsEstate agents -- Reading -- IllustrationsPubs and inns -- Reading -- IllustrationsTobacconists -- Reading -- IllustrationsConfectioners -- Reading -- IllustrationsJewellers -- Reading -- IllustrationsSU716735Street scenes and landscapes -- Reading -- Illustrations
BRN:
2730746
