The opening of Sol Joel Park, Earley, 21 July 1927, which at the time was known as the Solly Joel Playing Field. The royal party walks from the pavilion, with General Huleatt and the Duke of York (later King George VI) in front, the Duke smoking a cigar. Mr. Joel is behind them, with a paper in his hand, and the Mayor of Reading, Councillor W. H. Short, is to the left. On the right is the uniformed Town Hall Keeper from Reading. 1920-1929 : photograph by C. E. May, which appeared in the "Reading Standard" of 23 July
UUUU
Books
Find it!
Author:
Collation:
black and white photograph ; 15 x 25 cm.
Language:
English
Subject:
BRN:
2729153
