The opening of Sol Joel Park, Earley, 21 July 1927, which at the time was known as the Solly Joel Playing Field. The crowd looks on: the royal party is on the verandah of the pavilion. General Huleatt is making a speech, with the Duke of York (later King George VI) to the left, and Mr. Joel, donor of the park, to the right. Part of St. Peter's Church can be seen behind the pavilion. 1920-1929 : photograph by C. E. May, which appeared in the "Reading Standard" of 23 July
UUUU
Books
Find it!
Author:
Collation:
black and white photograph ; 21 x 16 cm.
Language:
English
Subject:
BRN:
2729151
