The bridge over Bridge Street, Reading, connecting the buildings of H. and G. Simonds, brewers, c. 1950. On the left is a sign advertising the Bear Inn. On the right are the tower of St. Mary's Church, the back of the Cross Keys public house in Gun Street, an advertisement hoarding, the radio shop called "Bargains" at No. 17 Bridge Street, and Seven Bridges House, at the time the Simonds' Social Club. The electric overhead wires for the trolleybus service are visible. 1950-1959
UUUU
Books
Find it!
Collation:
black and white photograph; 15 x 21 cm.
Language:
English
Subject:
BRN:
2723104
