Friar Street, Reading, looking westwards from the Town Hall, c. 1905. On the south side, part of No. 165 (Dryland, Son and Thorowgood, solicitors); No. 164 (John H. Gould, estate agent); Nos. 163 and 162 (Frank Attwells, Binfield and Company, music shop). Queen Victoria's statue, with waiting cabs, is in the middle of the photograph. On the north side of the street, Nos. 6 and 5 (Wheatsheaf Hotel); Nos. 4 and 3 (R. and W. Fleming, coachbuilders); and part of No. 1 Blagrave Street (Sydney Oades, estate agent). 1900-1909 : postcard, with glitter glued to it, by Henry Ewart and Company, Cheapside, Reading, No. 6528, with the caption: "Queen Victoria Memorial, Reading."
UUUU
Books
Find it!
Collation:
tinted photograph ; 9x14cm. postcard.
Language:
English
Subject:
Friar Street -- Reading -- IllustrationsMonuments -- Reading -- IllustrationsHorse-drawn cabs and carriages -- Reading -- IllustrationsPubs and inns -- Reading -- IllustrationsCoachbuilding -- Reading -- IllustrationsMusic shops -- Reading -- IllustrationsSU716735Street scenes and landscapes -- Reading -- Illustrations
BRN:
2719245
