Mill Lane, Reading, looking eastwards, c. 1895. To the left are the bridge over St. Giles's Mill Stream to the timber yards of Baynes and Beard, and the large brick house at Nos. 20 and 22. The pumping station, with chimney, and the water-tower of the old water-works are in the centre of the picture, and behind them, St. Giles's Mill. Several men in the street look towards the camera. 1890-1899
UUUU
Books
Find it!
Collation:
black and white photograph ; 16x24cm.
Language:
English
Subject:
Bridges -- Reading -- IllustrationsHouses -- Reading -- IllustrationsTimber merchants -- Reading -- IllustrationsWater-supply -- Reading -- IllustrationsWater mills -- Reading -- IllustrationsCorn milling -- Reading -- IllustrationsMill Lane -- Reading -- IllustrationsSU715730SU716730SU716731SU717731Street scenes and landscapes -- Reading -- Illustrations
BRN:
2718836
